Wednesday 16 October 2013

Quickwrite: Uncomfortable Conversations

http://writingprompts.tumblr.com/post/54883096355/758-write-what-disturbs-you-what-you-fear-what


I agree that success is often earned through uncomfortable conversations. Since success isn't often easy to get, you have to go through situations you would not normally want to go through. When I need to have uncomfortable conversations, I worry about it for at least a few hours. I get so worked up about things like talking to someone, and usually it ends with me feeling better than before. The last uncomfortable conversation I had was probably about gymnastics with my dad. I just spill out my feelings if I'm feeling down, and even though I really don't want to talk about it, I know he usually makes me feel better. If I keep things hidden, I just continue to feel awful, so that's why I decide to talk to someone about it. The next uncomfortable conversation I'm planning to have is about volunteer forms, and I'm nervous because I don't want people to ask me questions but I know I have to do it. It will be for the best once I've gotten through it.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with this, if you are uncomfortable about something then not talking about it makes it worse. When you talk about it, you feel better and that feels like success itself. Whenever I am preparing myself to have an uncomfortable conversation I always prepare what I'm going to say almost like I'm writing a script. Maybe this is just the performer in me, I don't know if anyone else does this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way, if I have an uncomfortable conversation, I usually think about it for the rest of that day.

    ReplyDelete